With more and more industrial techniques, processes and quality developments, it has become very important for the industry to ensure that they are using materials that are of standard quality. Extruded profiles serve innumerable industrial requirements, that are not just basic requirements, but are a level up in terms of design, strength and sustainability.
The automotive industry especially depends on the extruded profiles for a number of small and big uses. The complex designs and patterns are developed with the use of aluminum profiles which are capable of being molded into complex shapes. At the same time, profiles used for automotive industry need to be strong enough to be able to take the daily wear and tear of the automobiles as well as the variable weather conditions to which these profiles are exposed. The strength and durability is very necessary. Aluminum profiles are the commonly used profiles as they fulfill all of the above requirements and are low weight as well. They are used in:
- Engine structures and fuel equipments.
- The outer safety guards of the vehicle like the bumpers, beams, roof railings, etc.
- Seat sides, seat mobility feature enablers and back rests.
- Complex sun roof channels
- Internal design enhancers like the dashboards, sun blockers, door handles and other parts.
- Condensing tubes are also extruded tubes with more than one hollow chambers.
The other type of extruded profiles used in the automotive industry are the rubber profiles. The usage areas of rubber profiles are:
- On the bus window slide tracks. It prevents creaky noise of the glass movement.
- Sponge tubes
- Buffer safety guards that provide vehicle protection.